This Discussion channel is currently closed.

In October, the General Plan 2014 Task Force is scheduled to discuss Scottsdale’s environmental quality and conservation, and it needs your input!

Want more information on the Scottsdale General Plan and Task Force? Visit ScottsdaleGP.com

Saguaros? Scorpions? Scenery? What are Scottsdale’s most important natural resources, and how should they be maintained for the future?

7 Responses

Default_avatar
Phil Vickers 8 months ago

comment...

0 Support this ideas

Default_avatar
Phil Vickers 8 months ago

Scottsdale's two most important natural resources in which all residents enjoy is our beautiful desert areas and the abundance of sunshine ! Its not about Cowboys and the old west ! Someday our leadership will wake up and realize this.!

1 Support this idea

Default_avatar
Matt Metz 8 months ago

One of Scottsdale's most important natural resources is our scenery, and citizens' access to this resource is being comprised and destroyed by increasing height and density being approved by City Council and Planning Departments.

To protect this resource, we need to ensure our General Plan and our representatives on the City Council reflect our opposition to height. Why would we want to allow any buildings over two stories in our city? If people want to live and work in high-rises, they already have Phoenix and Tempe as alternative locations.

1 Support this idea

Default_avatar
Bill Sowle 8 months ago

Scottsdale has spent $400 million to set aside the McDowell Mountains for today and the future. Relying on volunteers from the McDowell Sonoran Conservancy to maintain its future is a good idea but it does have limits. I would encourage our leaders to continue to monitor the health of this wondrous resource for the long term.

0 Support this ideas

Default_avatar
Alastair Prescott 8 months ago

I feel that people come here for conventions, to golf, shop and eat well. Eternal sunshine makes that easy. I don't think many care about the sonoran conservancy, other than it's scenic. I agree that a low rise city is more interesting. But, I think the most important thing worth conserving is old town Scottsdale. It's the potentially cutest space in the valley. It must be made vibrant.

0 Support this ideas

Default_avatar
Michael Mayer 8 months ago

Scottsdale has done nothing to stop Game and Fish from their written wildlife eradication policy in the McDowell Sonoran Preserve. In the only Preserve survey ever done, 12 huntable deer were found in 89 square miles. Every man, woman and child in Scottsdale has spent $5,000 of tax money to create the McDowell Sonoran Preserve & the Avg family $20,000. Scottsdale citizens approved with their tax $$ the most important, expensive and unique urban Preserve anywhere in the world. Over 40% of Scottsdale's debt, The City Plan should recognize the Preserve does make Scottsdale special, by far the largest investment ever made, and force the City to protect the land an wildlife.

0 Support this ideas

Default_avatar
Michael Mayer 8 months ago

Scottsdale has done nothing to stop Game and Fish from their written wildlife eradication policy in the McDowell Sonoran Preserve. In the only Preserve survey ever done, 12 huntable deer were found in 89 square miles. Every man, woman and child in Scottsdale has spent $5,000 of tax money to create the McDowell Sonoran Preserve & the Avg family $20,000. Scottsdale citizens approved with their tax $$ the most important, expensive and unique urban Preserve anywhere in the world. Over 40% of Scottsdale's debt, The City Plan should recognize the Preserve does make Scottsdale special, by far the largest investment ever made, and force the City to protect the land an wildlife.

0 Support this ideas